2 1 1/2 to 2 pound lobsters
1/2 cup white vinegar per 8 quarts of water
enough water to completely cover lobsters
* Place lobsters in a stockpot or other heat-proof container with a lid.
* Bring water and vinegar to a rolling boil and then pour over lobsters and cover.
* Let steep for 2 minutes for 1 1/2 pound lobsters and 3 minutes for 2 pound lobsters.
* Remove from the pot with tongs, twist off claws with knuckles attached and return claws to pot for 5 minutes.
cracking lobster - taking off lobster claws
* Twist off the tails from the body and pull off the flippers from the end of the tail. Twisting off lobster tail
* Push the meat out through the large end of the tail. Remove the vein from the center of the tail.
pushing the lobster meat through the tail
* After 5 minutes, remove the claws from the pot and crack open with the back of a knife. Use only enough force
to crack the claw and loosen the meat.
cracking lobster shells with back of a knife
* Remove the meat from the knuckles. Reserve the tail shells and cut out the thin underside of them with scissors.
empty lobster tail
Bechamel Sauce: (Yields 1 quart)
1 yellow onion, small dice
1 small carrot, peeled and small dice
1 celery rib, small dice
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
4 cups scalded milk
Small bouquet garni
freshly ground white pepper
pinch of nutmeg
pinch of cayenne
3/4 cup heavy cream
2 egg yolks
1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
1/2 cup grated parmesan
* Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
* Melt butter in a saucepan and saute onion, carrot and celery until translucent.
* Add flour and stir well until flour is completely incorporated.
* Add milk 1/3 at a time, whisking well at each addition.
* Add bouquet garni and dry seasonings, simmer for 15 minutes.
* In a small mixing bowl, whisk together egg yolks and cream.
* Take sauce off of the heat and whisk in cream and yolk combination.
* Rough chop the lobster meat, place in a mixing bowl and toss with half of the hot bechamel.
* Place lobster tail shells on a baking sheet or in a casserole dish, spoon mixture into shells and top with
remaining bechamel and grated parmesan.
* Bake in oven at 425 for 12 minutes or until parmesan is golden brown.
"It is not what goes into your body that defiles you; you are defiled by what comes from your heart."-Jesus Christ, Mark 7:15