Warlord Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warlord Arms

All discussions on swords, knives, knife sharpening and all related topics.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  LinksLinks  

My Salvation

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Godfather
Lord
Lord
Godfather

My Salvation Empty
PostSubject: My Salvation   My Salvation EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 6:32 am

Salvation

I was a man lost in this world. I was filled with pride and lust. I became filled with stress and became a bad person. Mocking people and talking about them ETC.

In August 08 it all changed. I lost my job and had to take a job less than 1 tenth of my salary. My wife was pregnant at that time. Things got really tough. The saving ran out after my son was born.

We moved across the country on false hope placed there by lies. I managed to get a better job and started providing for my family better. Still not good enough though. I laid awake nights, worrying about what was gonna happen.

We ended up homeless. My bosses at the time, big christians, gave us a roof over our head.

But we still had debt from a life passed. And the walls began to close in. We were at the lowest point ever in our lives. I sat nights crying and wondering what the hell must I do.

I decided to buy a bible. To read what God thinks about money, success ETC. I looked up to the Heavens.

"If you exist. Please give me a sign."

That night I had a dream...

The ground began to tremble. Buildings swaying as the ground shook. Glass raining down on street below.

The wind carrying the screams of fear from the distance. The city around me crumbling and breaking apart, like crumbling cookies.

People running and screaming in all directions. Lost and afraid. Flames licking the rubble, rendering gardens to ash. The sky black with smoke and blackened clouds.

As I stood there, a man walked past me muttering to himself.
"Its all destroyed! Its never gonna get better..."
I stopped him and handed him my bible. And I said.
"Read Psalm 60. It'll sort it all out."

I woke up and read it.

Psalm 60

1 O God, You have cast us off;
2 You have made the earth tremble; You have broken it; Heal its breaches, for it is shaking.
3 You have shown Your people hard things; You have made us drink the wine of confusion.
4 You have given a banner to those who fear You, That it may be displayed because of the truth. Selah
5 That Your beloved may be delivered, Save with Your right hand, and hear me. 6 God has spoken in His holiness: I will rejoice; I will divide Shechem And measure out the Valley of Succoth. 7 Gilead is Mine, and Manasseh is Mine; Ephraim also is the helmet for My head; Judah is My lawgiver.
8 Moab is My washpot; Over Edom I will cast My shoe; Philistia, shout in triumph because of Me.
9 Who will bring me to the strong city? Who will lead me to Edom?
10  Is it not You, O God, who cast us off? And You, O God, who did not go out with our armies?
11 Give us help from trouble, For the help of man is useless.
12 Through God we will do valiantly, For it is He who shall tread down our enemies.

It all made sense. The building crumbling represented my life. The muttering man was me. Me giving him a bible was God from my perspective.

I began randomly opening the bible and read the passages that jumped out at me. God was speaking to me through text. After that. I took the "Sinners Prayer" and my life changed from that day forward. Now we are much better. Both earning a salary, kid in school and healthy. Yes it isn't all awesome but I now God has got me. I still have nightmares of the bottom. But it was a lesson to learn.

Trust God always! He loves us no matter what.

Recently when work got hectic with conspirators against me. I opened a news paper that I never read. On page two it was stated

John 16:33

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

It was God re-assuring that He is on my side.

God is awesome. Believe people. I and many many others know His awesomeness.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Johannesburg-South-Afr

My Salvation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warlord Arms :: Other :: The Courtyard-
Jump to: